Design & Build
What is Design & Build?
In the design-build approach, the Owner benefits from managing just one contract, simplifying the process, and ensuring a single point of responsibility.
From the start, the designer and contractor collaborate as a unified team, offering project recommendations tailored to the Owner’s specific schedule and budget. The entire team tackles any changes that arise collectively, fostering a culture of collaborative problem-solving and innovation rather than making excuses or shifting blame.
While the key distinction of design-build lies in its single-source contracting, it is equally important to highlight the inherent culture of collaboration that defines this approach.
Design + Build
Why Choose Us
Check Out Our Portfolio
Design + Build
Frequently Asked Questions
- FASTER DELIVERY – collaboration + synchronous process = compressed time frame for delivery and fewer problems.
- DECREASED ADMINISTRATIVE BURDEN – Straightline is responsible for contractual elements, so the Owner can focus on the project not the paperwork.
- BETTER QUALITY – the team is held to high accountability standards and is invested in the project’s success from an early stage, leading to higher value project results and innovative thinking.
- REDUCED RISK – Straightline assumes the majority of risk by taking on accountability, contractual terms, and coordination efforts for the entire project.
- GUARANTEED MAXIMUM PRICE – Straightline provides a “GMP” so that there are no surprises and no end-of-project sticker shock.
- OPEN BOOK POLICY – Straightline provides access to the Owner for all job cost reports and information related to the project.
- SINGULAR RESPONSIBILITY – Straightline is the Owner’s go-to contact for everything related to their project.
- SHARED COST SAVINGS – integrated team approach gives everyone the incentive to save money from day one, allowing shared cost savings for the Owner at the project’s conclusion.
Absolutely not. This misconception usually stems from 3 main concerns: competitive pricing, subcontractor selection, and material specifications. Straightline invites a minimum of 10 prequalified subcontractors to bid every trade package, ensuring our Owners get competitive pricing in addition to the quality workmanship and attention to detail which their projects deserve. We welcome Owner-suggested or preferred subcontractors to be included in this process. We then complete an “apple to apple” bid comparison and review the information with the Owner. The ultimate decision is ALWAYS our Owner’s to make. In terms of material selection, Straightline provides information, suggestions, and value enhancement opportunities but the Owner sets the selected criteria for materials. Our role is to be a guide and advocate.
READY TO GET STARTED?
26+ Years of Experience
Check Out Our Work
SINCE 1997 STRAIGHTLINE HAS BEEN PROVIDING QUALITY AND COMPREHENSIVE CONSTRUCTION SERVICES ACROSS THE U.S.
Ready to Get Started?
Feel free to reach out to us at any time through our website, email, or phone. We’re eager to hear from you and are ready to make your project goals a reality.